Mumbai is a busy country and that is the reason people come here in search of growth opportunities. But when you are living in a country for a long time then it becomes difficult for you to shift on your own and that is the reason it is always better to hire packers and movers Mumbai.
If you want to pack your room on your own then here are some of the tips that you can follow. There is nothing bad in executing the move on your own but bear in your mind that a study room has a lot of books that are very heavy to be handled on your own.
Here are some of the tips that you can do on your own:
• Make sure to clean your shelves and clear them of the unnecessary stuff. After all, your movers do not know as to which items are unwanted.
• It is important to clean all the shelves on your own and get rid of all the unnecessary stuff because your movers are not going to do that for you
• Don’t keep the things that you have not used for a long time like used copies, colors, scrap, art and craft items, used bottles of glitters and glues. Such items occupy a lot of space in your book shelve unnecessarily. It is not at all worth it to keep such things to be move to your new house and spending money on their packing supplies and moving expenses when you are already incurring so many expenses.
• Arrange your books in different stacks before you pack them. When you have a lot of books with you then make sure you sort each and every book and keep them category wise. Make sure you arrange your novels and story books as well. If you don’t want to keep any of the books with you then make sure you pass it to a friend who shares the same interest or donate it to someone who is less fortunate than you.
• When you are hiring moving professionals then you just have to do such small tasks only. If you do all these steps on time then movers will definitely do the rest with all the comfort.
Here are some detailed tips for packing your study room on your own:
Sort everything out
When you are from one place to another; it is important that you hire a moving company. Books generally have a lot of weight that becomes difficult to handle sometimes. It is important that you go through your books and other items in the study room and take a decision of taking it with you or leaving it behind. Bear in mind that books are not as light as clothes. 1 book alone is not much of a weight but as soon as you try to lift five books together then you will definitely get to know.
Arrange for right sizes of boxes
When you have sort all the study-related items that you are supposed to move with you then , choose some good quality of boxes and check to make sure that it will take all the weight and that it’s free from any kind of cracks and dampness, especially if it’s a used box. As far as safe packing for your books is supposed to be considered, make sure the boxes are sturdy. It would be better if you don’t go for used boxes in this case as it can damage your books during the haul. The boxes should be strong enough to take the weight of the books and that there isn’t any dampness that can cause damage to your books. Also, make use of good quality of packing tape to seal the box bottom and top of the box and a marker to label the box’s contents.
You must make your boxes more trustworthy
When you purchase boxes to pack your study room, you will have to put them together first. Make the bottom of each box even sturdier by taping the bottom or by placing a packing paper over there. If you are using second hand boxes then make sure to tape the bottom again with good quality of packing tape to make sure it will sustain the weight of the books.
Technique for packing hardcover books
the books that have hardcover are supposed to be packed while standing upright because if they are packed lying then they will add more weight to the box. If you pack the books this way then make sure they are packed in the right way which is not very tight so that you can easily take them out at the timeo of unpacking in your new house. If any of such editions are valued high then you can wrap each one in packing paper before placing them in the box. There are some of the books that might be extremely valuable to you, such as the old photo albums or the editions that are made first.
Such books require cardboard in between to remain safe in transit and prevent any movement. Each of them should be protected with paper and placed in a box that is padded correctly. You can also make use of bubble wrap or packing paper for more protection